How To Solve Hen In Diaper Problem?

RAnst4038

Songster
8 Years
Apr 23, 2014
Jacobus, Pa
How do I solve the hen in diaper egg laying problem? When she does settle in the nest box I take off the diaper which just makes her jump out and run around the room. After 2 days she was panting and panicking going from the nest box in the corner to window. I know she is telling me I can only lay in the coop nest box. So I took her out in a blizzard, chase the rooster out and lock her in the coop till she lays. Should I just let her lay in the diaper when she settles in the inside box?

Johann out in the snow
0.jpg

Animal Husbandry you poop sling'in chimps. The same reason the Greys shove an electric probe up your kester like a bull to get a sperm sample. These are Dominique lap cat chickens. My drinking buddy Ross is so vain he spends hours in front of the mirror. I have one too many unwanted Swedish rooster. I have to keep at least one Dom hen with her own kind for a month before I can start incubating.

There may be all sorts of reasons to keep a chicken in the house. It's very difficult for some folks to imagine rationale that lead others to do the things they do, and there are as many different reasons for doing stuff as there are people doing it.

I, for one, need to keep a hen in the attached garage, and sometimes the house, because she's disabled and gets beat up by the flock because she can't walk, or even stand, on many days, especially when a cold front comes through. She didn't lay any eggs all last season due to being a nervous wreck all the time, just trying to survive chicken world. She began laying again a few weeks ago because her conflicts with the flock have been resolved.

On good days, she is isolated in a safe area in the run with her own nest box, but on days like today with single digit temps and a blizzard going on, she needs to be inside. Sometimes I let her hang out with me in the house because she gets so lonely, and I've been thinking about chicken diapers to make things easier since the poop issue is inconvenient to say the least.

Back
Top Bottom