New chicks guesses on the 4 I'm not sure about?

hogfan

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 4, 2013
Arkansas

#3 and #5 are black giants
The others are feather legged. Any guesses on what they are?

All 6 are standard size pullets.

Last edited:
#2 and #6 look like Buff Cochins to me. I'm not certain what #1 and #4 are, but could be Cochins of some other variety. And, I'm not sure that #3 and #5 are Jersey Giants. #3 looks more like a Black Sex-Link to me, and #5 looks more like a Black Australorp (are the feet bottoms yellow, or a pinkish color?).

#2 and #6 look like Buff Cochins to me. I'm not certain what #1 and #4 are, but could be Cochins of some other variety. And, I'm not sure that #3 and #5 are Jersey Giants. #3 looks more like a Black Sex-Link to me, and #5 looks more like a Black Australorp (are the feet bottoms yellow, or a pinkish color?).
Agreed.

1 is a Brahma, That's my thought. If you go to meyer hatchery you can see pictures of the chicks of each breed and the adults, look up Cochins too and look up the various black breeds there as well, 5 looks like an austr. To me too but its hard to tell. Of the light ones 2 & 6 are the same thing, maybe a buff brahma? 4 honestly could be a golden commet but with feather legs Cochin or brahma or even some maran? Howsny toes does it have?

Agreed. I thought the same thing about #3.

Updated pictures. They are 2 weeks old today and have gotten some feathers. A few weren't excited about picture time.

#3 has a decent size comb but they are all supposed to be pullets?

Back
Top Bottom