Easter Eggers "Ameraucanas" from Cackle

kathleens1979

Chirping
5 Years
Aug 3, 2014
Hanna City, Il
Hi, all. I was wondering if anyone had ordered EEs from Cackle Hatchery. On their site it says right up front that a very small percentage of birds have scissor beak. Wondering if anyone has seen this? How does it play out? Are the birds worth it in terms of plumage color and egg laying/color? Can anyone post pics of adult birds from Cackle, please?

I've ordered EEs from Cackle (they do not sell true Ameraucanas) in the past, and maybe I've been lucky, but I've never gotten any with scissor beak. Since Cackle's EEs are hybrids, you will get a variety of plumage colors. The majority the eggs they have laid were green, but I have had some blue, a few beige, and an occasional pale pink egg. Overall, I was satisfied with Cackles EEs and service.

I ordered Easter Eggers from Cackle a couple of years ago and was very pleased with them! Huge color variety in the cockerels (I ordered straight run), not so much in the pullets.

Most of my hens colored out like this gal:

And two that were sort of buff and white colored like this gal;

None of them had scissor beak.

frow.gif
Hi I ordered mine about 2 years ago.... love them!! wonderful colors,eggs were blue enough I breed them with Welsummer rooster and was able it get F1 Olive Eggers ... no scissor beaks.... in fact I just received 5 more last week all very healthy chicks... so go for it....
wink.png

Last edited:
I'm waiting for my 13 EEs to arrive from Cackle in late May, including one cockerell. Cackle told me their babies will all be EEs too, so I'm very eggsited! I'm praying for an awesome assortment of egg colors.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom