Yogurt Fun!

Clearly

Chirping
Feb 18, 2015
Seattle Suburb
My grandmother wants chickens, but was too afraid she'd mess up raising them from chicks, so I offered (oh so delightedly) to take them to the six week mark until they can go into her brand new, backyard coop. I've raised my own before, and will be incubating 24 eggs when they arrive in the mail any day now. Anyways....

Because two of the four struggled with pasty-butt, I've been doing everything I can to make sure they're clean and the problem stops. A suggestion from the co-op was some yogurt for their tummies, and it's now a favorite activity!

Thought I'd share! :D

My grandmother wants chickens, but was too afraid she'd mess up raising them from chicks, so I offered (oh so delightedly) to take them to the six week mark until they can go into her brand new, backyard coop. I've raised my own before, and will be incubating 24 eggs when they arrive in the mail any day now. Anyways....

Because two of the four struggled with pasty-butt, I've been doing everything I can to make sure they're clean and the problem stops. A suggestion from the co-op was some yogurt for their tummies, and it's now a favorite activity!

Thought I'd share!
big_smile.png

I love the video! I want to do this, what type of yogurt did you get?

Totally fun, right? It's just plain Darigold yogurt (a Seattle dairy company), so any plain yogurt will do.

I remember the sheer joy I had the first time I gave my chicks a live mealworm last year, and while nothing tops that hilarity, this will certainly keep me laughing each day for the first month or so.

No idea why they will only eat it from the side of their brooder either! Funny little girls, lol!

Back
Top Bottom