Colloidal silver for Mareks treatment

soundshores

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jan 3, 2015
Hi, has anyone else tried colloidal silver , or silver solution for the treatment of mareks ?. I have a rooster with leg paralysis and he seems a little better after a couple of weeks of treatment. I put a few tablespoons in his wet mix of canned pumpkin and oats. I know he will never be cured, but I hope he gets better and will get the use of his legs back. You can look up how to make it at home using silver wire and 3 nine volt batteries. I hate the thought that this will kill all my birds and my property will be forever infected. I also have a sick 3 year old hen. I believe she has tumors in her abdomen. She can't roost and it feels like she has a solid mass in there. I lost a hen a couple months ago and did an autopsy. She had this same type of thing, not eggbound.

I hate the thought that this will kill all my birds and my property will be forever infected.

No experience with collodial silver.

No reason to think it will kill all your birds. It could, but many birds do have resistance and live a normal life. It is one of the many strains of herpes virus, having it is not a death sentence. If you breed your own birds you can breed for resistance, if you buy birds for laying hens you can buy vaccinated birds from hatcheries.

Last edited:
Oh and another thing....in the other thread you mentioned feeding him canned pumpkin with oats.

If he likes that then great, but you might want to try to add more calories and protein and a small amount of safe (no iron) vitamins. These birds do lose a lot of weight and become emmaciated. If they are in remission their bodies have to slowly rebuild muscle and repair severely damaged nerves.

Might want to think about mixing in some raw egg or small amounts of meat/fat, raw liver, yogurt, etc...into his pumpkin so he gets more nutrition and more calories.

Last edited:
Hi, Thanks for the feedback. My Rooster does get lots of other food besides his pumpkin and oats. I only put the silver solution in that because he eats it well. He's quite the spoiled boy and has a great appetite. He gets Scratch and peck feed. for treats and extra protein he likes I give him a small sprinkle of hemp hearts and meal worms. and I give him vitamins and apple cider vinegar in his water .

Yes!!!! Collodial Silver cured my hens from Mareks disease !!! In the past few year I have lost so many hens and rosters from Mareks. The past 2 years I have been treating them with colloidal silver when symptoms such as neck spasms; legs not working right etc. and all have been cured within 2 days!

It's a miracle! Please spread the work for people to try - I highly recommend it'

@RodSilkie Could you please explain me how you use the CS to cure Marek? I will buy CS 15ppm. Is it enough for curing Mareks? Thank you in advance.

there is a youtube. but the lady didnt say which herbs she used.... It was a rescue hen from a Jewish ritual....
just a saying

The lady also used hypericum perforatum 30c. Two tablets dissolved in a shot glass filled 2/3 with distilled water. Brand was Boiron, available on Amazon. The tiny tablets must not be touched nor use a metal spoon, use plastic to stir. It's a form of St John's wort. Give 5-10 drops by mouth, syringe can't be used for anything else. Then 4 hours later give the colloidal silver 10 ppm, 5-10 drops. Her website is www.compassionblooms.com. My 17 wk old buff Silkie pullet became paralyzed last Sat. I brought her in the house & have been feeding & watering (QuikChik in water) by hand plus a dose of NutriDrench daily for more nutritional support. I ran across the lady's website, ordered the two treatments, started giving to Camille on Thurs. it's now Sat. and while she's not improved, she's hanging in there! My question to those that have used this therapy, should I dose my other Silkies? I have 8 more,?apparently healthy, but so was Camille the day before. Maybe dose the healthy ones once a week or every 2 wks or once a month? The hypericum supports the nervous system while the silver supports the immune system, a homeopathic therapy. I understand this is the only thing that can get a chicken through this. We all owe it to our flocks to understand Marek's. it's a complicated disease, but doesn't necessarily mean you have to dispose of your whole flock. Can someone answer about preventive doses for my healthy birds?

There is a great video on Youtube for use of Colloidal Silver with curing chickens. I'm not sure if the chicken had Marek's disease but CS cures many many diseases and viruses. I have made CS for some time for human use in our family. I use CS on my dogs and cats as well. Now that I am getting chickens I will be sure to use it for overall health and wellness. It's great stuff that has been used therapeutically since before Napoleon.

Back
Top Bottom