Do frazzle baby chicks look like this? Short curly fuzz like a poodle?

So cute! Do you know who (what breed) its parents are?
Im not sure of the parents but I know either the mama or daddy is an EE. I think it might have a fifth toe so it may have some faverolle genetics. I have Old English Game genetics as well as cochin, autralorp and Brahma. I get unusual genetics coming out of my flock all the time. It is so fun. I started with wild stock so I never new what they were composed of. The only for sure genetics are Faverolle, Australorp, Cochin and OEG.
Here are some pics I just took of it next to its sibs for size comparison.

Im not sure of the parents but I know either the mama or daddy is an EE. I think it might have a fifth toe so it may have some faverolle genetics. I have Old English Game genetics as well as cochin, autralorp and Brahma. I get unusual genetics coming out of my flock all the time. It is so fun. I started with wild stock so I never new what they were composed of. The only for sure genetics are Faverolle, Australorp, Cochin and OEG.
Here are some pics I just took of it next to its sibs for size comparison.

Awwww. So cute! Looks like he has normal feathering...

Yes, he is not demonstrating the frizzle gene though may be a carrier. He is just so unusual. I wish I knew, at least in part, his genetics but my hens lay their eggs together in one or two nests so when they hatch there is no telling who is mama. I have two roos, one is an EE and the other is a wheaten mix of some kind. I have many EE hens so any of them could be mama.

Ill get a pic today and share it. He doesnt look much different. More feathers on body but head and neck areas are still fuzzy fur that is very short. He hasnt grown much either but still hanging in with mama and he is always the first and last at the dinner table!

Back
Top Bottom