Feeding the extra bird's

LoveThemBirds

Songster
Feb 23, 2015
Petting Buffy Like a Dog
I am a farmerboy.I get allowance every third of a month.I have done plenty research on birds etc,but now I qm changing my mind about the whole,turkey and duck thing.

I was planning on getting two turkey hens,two ducks.Well,the feed price would.be expensive.But,I was planning on letting my grandparents take the.little bit of money they give me,to take out to help support the feed.

Question:Which bird would weigh are money price upward?Figured the two turkey whens would.The ducks,I will need to provide for them too!Am I doing what's right?By letting them , take most my money their giving me? I was looking more forward to my ducks and turkeys then I was anything more!

P.s,I will.be.providing for seven hens already and also getting more chicksMy allowance is usually 20 or $25.

That's not a lot of money to care for 11 birds plus more chicks. Feed is not your only expense. Grit, oyster shell, wormers, poultry dust, treats, bedding, nest materials, fly control are all additional expenses. Are your grandparents going to help if you happen to go over budget?

Just wondering, Why the ducks and turkeys? Pets or food? I would think the turkey will eat up all of your allowance a month. ( just guessing they eat a lot, I know nothing about raising turkeys) And the ducks, Wont they just fly away when they get older, I am saying that because it happened to my brother,

No offense to people with ducks, turkeys, bantams, or other fowl.... But I don't get it..

Just wondering, Why the ducks and turkeys? Pets or food? I would think the turkey will eat up all of your allowance a month. ( just guessing they eat a lot, I know nothing about raising turkeys) And the ducks, Wont they just fly away when they get older, I am saying that because it happened to my brother,

No offense to people with ducks, turkeys, bantams, or other fowl.... But I don't get it..

Mallards are the ones that fly off. Probably some others too but most are bred to be to heavy to get far.

That's not a lot of money to care for 11 birds plus more chicks. Feed is not your only expense. Grit, oyster shell, wormers, poultry dust, treats, bedding, nest materials, fly control are all additional expenses. Are your grandparents going to help if you happen to go over budget?

They likely will,but wr have bedding.We will figure out something.
I will have runner ducks.They can't fly,and I will habe a top on my pen.I kust wanted a tutkey for a pet.

Back
Top Bottom