Don't know who to thank.

sunflour

Flock Master
8 Years
Jan 10, 2013
Macon,GA
Winter 2014 I had a buff orpington with dried poop on her behind. Thought about a bath, but it was way to cold to consider. She took care of it herself with sand baths before warm weather arrived.

But in a thread, someone suggested just grab it and pull it off & if a few feathers came too, the that would be ok.
At that time, I thought that would be inhumane.

But today, I did exactly as suggested to a BO and BR. They really didn't mind it at all. Problem solved, so simple.

Really wish I could find the forum and thank whoever said to try it. Searched and could not locate the thread. So, If you were the one who suggested this….then I really do thank you so much.

Well I can not take the credit… but your post is important in as it showcases the farm thinking, just fix it. Quite a few folks really over think simple problems, it is not that complicated. Glad the advice helped you, and here it will help others.

Best to you and your birds,

RJ

OMG…today found a small poop and, yes, pulled it off barehanded.

Does that qualify for some kinda…hall of shame?
lau.gif

OMG…today found a small poop and, yes, pulled it off barehanded.

Does that qualify for some kinda…hall of shame?
lau.gif
Touching chicken poop with your bare hands means you are officially a down to earth chicken keeper!

I usually let the chickens preen off any dingleberries.

I'm constantly picking up chicken plops from my lawn and around the veg garden area and tossing them into places where I hope they can do some good. I just hate it when I grab a fresh one.
sickbyc.gif

I am gad to know that I am officially a down to earth chicken keeper. I have been clearing those poop balls from my girls and boys butts bare handed and if I may say so, I have removed poop from weird places where I cannot get my cleaning tools with my hands too. Mmmh but I would not touch those caeca poops no matter what......
sickbyc.gif

Back
Top Bottom