My pigeon won't eat!

What are details of finding it? it couldve been young, hurt, sick, or someones former pet, if was too easy to just pick up.

Try wild bird seed in low bowl, or whatever seen eat most locally.

If facing pigeon, make sure to turn pigeon onleft side, and slide any feed (pellets designed for chickens seem best used), and water droplets, one at time, down left side of throat (crop on ITS RIGHT SIDE), of pigean could choke/asperate and then really not wanna eat, n could die.

About two days ago, I was at a friend's house when a fledgling wood pigeon fell out of her tree. We tried everything. The nest was way too high to reach, we left it on the ground, but it's parents never came back, and the bird rehabiltation center told us to put the bird back, and eventually the parents would come back. After all this, I told my friend that I would take him/her home and nurse him/her back to health- his wing was scaped and his beak is scratched too- and I took what we named Elvis Brestly Morgan-Powell home.
For the first two days, I did what I thought was feeding Elvis- I had a syringe and dropped smashed peas with warm water slowly on to his beak until he licked it- but this morning I came home and he was shaking REALLY bad and wasn't moving. He would every once in a while squek softly.
I- of course- panicked. I got one of those hot hand things and a towel thinking mabye he was cold because it was very cold outside at the time.I then tried to feed him, but he refused weakly. I caried him aroung the house with me, not wanting him to leave my side and I tried to feed his mashed peas and chia seeds again in a last-ditch effort to save his life. He keep sticking his head inbetween my fingers and opening his mouth thinking my hand was one of his parent's mouths and searching for food.I then put my fingers aroung his beak until Elvis opened his mouth and then squirted my home-made mixture into his mouth through a hole I cut in a plastic baggie. I fed him until he refused food and put him back in the kennel I kept him in.He wasn't shaking anymore_ which I later read meant he was hungry, and seemed happy.
Up until this point, I was feeling pretty good with my self and went to feed him again before bed. He was very interested in me and squeked curiously at me when I opened the door. There was a small woven mat in the corner that had some spilled chia seeds on it that he kept picking on, but I couldn't get him to eat. He refused food.
I spread some more chia seeds onto the mat for him just in case and let him be, but I'm worried he's not going to eat again until he's almost to weak to and I would really hate to have to force feed a baby bird. Oh, and he does have most of his feathers and is branching at this point. He's still young enough to squek and is very curious. IDK what to do. I love him and have been praying really hard.

Back
Top Bottom