showing chickens

farmer10

In the Brooder
Mar 4, 2015
I want to show chickens at the county fair. I just joined 4-H and I want to know what kinda of chicken breeds your can show. I'm not asking what the best breed is. I'm asking if you can shownamy breed and if not what breeds

Showing at a County Fair is basically a no- rules beauty contest. Much like a Backyard show at a sanctioned show.
So anything goes, just make sure that your bird is clean and in good condition. Other than that the only rule is to have fun.

Each fair is different. Some fairs are sanctioned APA or ABA affairs. Others focus mostly on the 4H young person's husbandry skills, handling skills and poultry knowledge.
Ask you 4H leader what to expect and what rules apply. There are often some things that must be done along the way to the fair, so be sure to discuss these things at your next 4H meeting.

look at your Fair book, see what classes they have, also if your really wanting to show chickens make sure you have a breed and not something that is a hi breed layer, also if you really like to show poultry i would got to the nearest apa\aba show and get your self a pair nice show birds

Back
Top Bottom