Hello from Wyoming!

WyoJax

In the Brooder
Mar 3, 2015
Wyoming
I firstly have to thank all of you for all the information I have already received. I never knew there could be such an amazing group of chicken lovers out there, but look atyou all sitting there pretty just sharing knowledge. My husband has decided to cave and buy me two chickens for my upcoming birthday. I'm working on getting it added to everyone calendar so you can all celebrate along with me, my birthday that is.
To say the least I am a newbie. I know chicks are very cute and I can't wait to spend time with the chickens in the yard while gardening. Besides that, it's coming along slowly. So far I'm all set to go with the brooder and start up except food, that's my next task. Then it's the fun process of a coop which I have a feeling may be a very frustrating process but I'm so excited!
So hello! And thank you I'm advance for all of your help.

If there was one thing you could tell yourself when you first got started with chickens what would it be?

Jax​

Hi :welcome Jax

Glad you could join the flock! What a great birthday present! What I would have told myself was, you become very attached to them, there lots of fun and the chicken TV is great!! The learning centre is a great place for lots of info on getting started https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Wishing you the very best of luck with your new chicken adventure. Be sure to ask any questions you have, everyone here to help and very friendly. Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
I'm glad you joined us.

Sounds like you'll be getting a nice birthday present! I would definitely take a look at the link that Yorkshire Coop left you with. I would also check out the Coops section to see some coop designs: Chicken Coop Designs That may help you when you decide to build your coop.
smile.png

build a larger coop than you think you will need. You will be mesmerizied by chickens and before you know it, you'll be adding more and more, you will need more space for them.

WyoJax - hmmm, sounds like it might be the Jackson area! I'm up in Cowley, and there are lots of other good people from Big Wonderful Wyoming here on BYC and they'd love to say "hi" as well! Just go up to the search box and type in Wyoming Unite - that should take you right there.

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to our flock. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. X2 on drumstick diva; built your coop/run larger than you think you will need. Not only will the chickens benefit from not being overcrowded, but at some point "chicken math" will kick in and you'll end up adding more chickens to your flock. :eek:)

Back
Top Bottom