How to get my chicks friendly?

koakureiryoko

Hatching
Feb 23, 2015
Florida
I have three black Australorp chicks that I'm trying to get socialized and used to me. Looking for some ideas or suggestions on how I can handle them without them being afraid of me and freaking out

Just pick em up and play with them!...We lay a sheet(dedicated for this) on the floor with a lil food and water and just play with them...I'll pick them up and let them run around on my chest or where ever they want...And if it doesn't work, YOU will still have had a great time! :)

I have three black Australorp chicks that I'm trying to get socialized and used to me. Looking for some ideas or suggestions on how I can handle them without them being afraid of me and freaking out
Ever since I started feeding them from my hand every time I came down to check on them they have started running to me. I have two that will jump into my hand and start to walk up my arm. lol It just takes time!

I'm going through the same thing with mine.They run to my hand to eat, and will jump into it, but if I pick them up I become the killer of cute chickiessss
somad.gif
and they freak.
I keep getting told that I'm not traumatizing them and it will get better. I'm hoping that once I start getting better treats (mealworms/yogurt/hard boiled egg) and just keep at it that I will have happy socialized chickens
fl.gif

But, I'm all new to this too, so really all I can do is empathize
smile.png

Good Luck!!

Back
Top Bottom