Feed for laying turkeys?

cheesychicken

Hatching
6 Years
Jul 3, 2013
My BR's turkeys are starting to lay now. I have been feeding them the same feed as my laying chickens for the last 4 months or so. This is my first season with laying turkeys and did not think about until the turkeys started laying that they have different needs.

What is everyone else feeding their laying turkeys?

Your advice is appreciated?

Purina Game Bird Layena is adequate to the task. That said, we've pretty much kept all the poultry on their Game Bird Flight Conditioner & augmented with a bit of the Starter in the dead of winter. The turkey hens have yet to have a problem with egg strength/hatch rate. Our hens do have access to open forage (when they choose to go out). Roo is doing well on this diet, as is our 10 yr. old Black Sex Link hen.

Last edited:
My BR's turkeys are starting to lay now. I have been feeding them the same feed as my laying chickens for the last 4 months or so. This is my first season with laying turkeys and did not think about until the turkeys started laying that they have different needs.

What is everyone else feeding their laying turkeys?

Your advice is appreciated?

My turkeys are together with my chickens. Mine all get 16% protein layer pellets with free choice oyster shell. I have not had any problems with any of the mixed flock on this feed set up.

Back
Top Bottom