My DIY incubator

Madison1

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jun 22, 2014
Just put 180 eggs in my DIY bator. Holds 240. It's the false back design. I plan on putting a wood cabinet around it that will lift off for easy cleaning or design modifications. Nothing real original here. I want to do ostrich at some point so I built the turner rather than buying the off the shelf 41 egg turners. I used 1/2 conduit and two hole straps for cheap "bearings". So far so good as one $15 turner motor is turning all 180 eggs. It's still a little rough but we will look better when I get the cabinet done. So far the temp is well controlled and the humidity is as well although the digital controler reads dryer than it is I just have to compensate for it.

[/IMG][/IMG]
[/IMG]

Ok thx Madison1 That's the motor I was going to use but they said it wasn't big enough & tried selling $50 one. Go figure lol. Nice set up.

I will say it's impossible to tell if this motor is working hard or not and I worry about it a little. Will probably order another to have on hand or put one motor for each of the two trays.

Last edited:
I thought bout maybe having one on each side of the tray. If can get them synchronized? I haven't ordered it yet so don't know if you can

Back
Top Bottom