Rite Farm medium plucker

docmark777

Hatching
6 Years
Jan 4, 2014
I'm thinking of buying a plucker and the one sold by coopsnmore.com is the cheapest.
However, I cannot find a single review on line.
Does anyone here have any first hand info about the "Rite Farm" pluckers?

No, I went with another company.

the model I wanted was out of stock and I needed to talk to the company to see if it would be coming in and discuss what kind of luck they have had with them.

I called them 3 times...no answer.
I left messages to call me back...no call.

I emailed them...no response.

I had previously ordered some laying boxes from them...one arrived broken.

After all that...I didn't feel like it would be wise to risk making such a big purchase through them.

I did order the smallest plucker sold by cconly.com and had a nice chat with them.
They were nice enough to offer my a discount code that allowed me the same price as their last sale.

It hasn't arrived yet--but should be here any day.

Holy Fortuitous Timing Batman!

We've been planning on building a chicken plucker in the style of blue barrel, rubber fingers, and scavenged motor.

We're kinda slow getting started, and the meaties could be ready as early as two weeks from now, and our accidental ducks next week.

That Rite Farm unit looks like it might do the trick. I should have gotten my US supplies when the exchange wasn't garbage.

With shipping and exchange, I think I'm looking closer to $750 CDN, so I should break even on these on-farm chickens sometime around never. ;-)

Then again, I'm my only customer since there is no feasible way for me to sell the finished product, legally.

That starpluck sp-1 from cconly looks equivalent and a nice pre-order price, but Aug 18th ship date is too late for me.

How many could you fit in it at one time?
That would depend on the size of the bird. If you look at my review, I measure the tub height and diameter.so you can decide for yourself. The item specs do say this for the large plucker:
"Will pluck 4 chickens or 8 quail at a time, but we always recommend plucking one at a time so you are not over bruising your meat"
I processed Pekin ducks and only put one in at a time as recommend to prevent bruising. I may have been able to put two in at once, but with their size, including neck and wings, I do not think the machine would have performed optimally. Four chickens may fit, but again, it depends on the size of the bird.

Back
Top Bottom