coop for my guineas

http://www.homedepot.com/s/33556?NCNI-5

this is a link to the coop I will be getting for my guineas . I want some opinions . and should I put wire on the very bottom so no predators can tunnel under the coop .

That particular coop is designed for a maximum of 4 chickens. It is not designed for guineas.

Guineas love to roost as high as they can get. My guinea coop is a home built 8'x12' shed with 8' walls and a sloping roof above the walls. The rafters are open and the guineas love to roost on the rafters especially under the clear roofing panels used as a skylight.

I agree, its to small. Mine is home built as well, 8x8x16. Nothing fancy but it works for us. I have a mix of Guinea and chickens in the pen.

Thanks for your input but for what is worth
Other posts on line on different site's I think it will be OK

I think it depends on the number of guineas you will be having but it seems too small to me. 2 - 3 guineas is the most I would put in a coop this size. Guineas need a lot of room to roam and fly. They need to free range. The pen will really restrict their movements. A few chickens will do fine in here but guineas are different in their space needs once they are grown.

It sounds like you are determined to have this coop so I hope it works out for you.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom