First try on the Rcom pro10- follow along as I review this incubator from out of the box to hatch da

Pics

angelobutter

Songster
9 Years
Jul 27, 2010
Cornish NH
This thread will be reviewing the new Rcom pro10 the first time I use it. I will try to update daily, but at least whenever something interesting happens.
Some cool features:
1. I can just pick which type of eggs I am incubating (turkey, duck, chicken, quail) and it will set the proper temp, humidity and countdown to lockdown and automatically stop turning.
2. see that hole in the top of the incubator? that is an egg candler! I guess you just place the egg in there and push that button to the right and it candles the egg right there! pretty nifty.

Out of the box: looks nice, lots of pieces but I figured it out eventually. The instruction manual is pretty vague and not very informative but I think I got it together correctly haha. The automatic watering system is chaotic! tubes and wires everywhere. Oh well as long as it works I am happy. I have it heating up now and will add some modern game bantam eggs once it has stabilized.

Ok so I got my eggs put in there. 8 modern game bantams. They ARE shipped eggs, so this test run isn't exactly free of variables, but it's a start.
The only new insights I have at this point is that the humidity and temperature hold great! you can see how cluttered the auto watering system looks though, soda bottle, tubes, wires haha. I am used to Rcom's sleek design so this seems a little hectic to me but it works well, just looks ugly.
OH and if anyone else has used an Rcom, you have heard the cute little song it sings when it is turning the eggs... well this one sounds like a countdown timer on a bomb in the movies haha. It took me a couple days to get used to it. My next update will be in a few days when I candle the eggs. Which will be pretty exciting since one of the features this incubator has is a built in candler! The light is definitely blindingly bright so hopefully it works well!

OK so finally got to test out the built in egg candler! it works great- the photos are terrible, I could see so much more clearly then the photos are showing. Essentially hands free, the egg sits right in the little base, I am so afraid of dropping the eggs that this was a huge relief to just set it in there. the only problem is it is a little bit of a pain to hold the little button down, but 1st world problems right? lol

AND THE RESULTS:
6 good eggs, 2 clears- not bad considering I ordered 6 eggs, they sent 8, and they were shipped. I am pleased so far

good egg

clear

Clear

Good egg

Good egg

good egg, but with a saddle shaped air cell, will have to keep an eye on this one during hatching

good egg

good egg

I will be following along on your progress. That is an interesting little incubator. I have not seen one like it. Where was it purchased from?

And great candling pictures! So glad they are developing. Please keep posting until hatch day. I would love to see the results.

got it from the Rcom company:

http://www.rcom-company.com/detail.htm?ProductID=PX-10-plus

Its fairly new, they actually didn't even have one for themselves when I ordered it but they had 2 on order shipping overnight for their own use and they shipped one of those to me. the rest were being shipped by boat and weren't due to arrive for a while still. I have ordered from them before and always had great customer service- I highly recommend them :)

got it from the Rcom company:

http://www.rcom-company.com/detail.htm?ProductID=PX%2D10%2Dplus

Its fairly new, they actually didn't even have one for themselves when I ordered it but they had 2 on order shipping overnight for their own use and they shipped one of those to me. the rest were being shipped by boat and weren't due to arrive for a while still. I have ordered from them before and always had great customer service- I highly recommend them :)

Oh cool!

Hi angelobutter. I've been following this thread with interest as I am torn between buying the Rcom pro 10 or an Rcom 20. Is there any update on your first hatch using the new Rcom 10? It would be great to hear how you're finding it.

Also, could you confirm whether there is a setting on the Rcom 10 for geese?

ok so the modern game bantams are due to hatch tomorrow. Thankfully I have them in this automatic incubator because I totally forgot and they wouldn't have been put in lockdown (i just had a baby on the 29th I am forgetting EVERYTHING lol) but thankfully they were in this incubator which stopped turning and increased humidity all on its own! phew! so I will update more as chick start hatching.

Defoe188- I will answer your geese question once the incubator is empty, i don't want to push any buttons until these eggs are hatched. haha
so far I like the 10, but the 20 is much more.... conventional? not sure that is the right word. I like the 10 but it seems almost like a novelty incubator, just because it is so tiny. it works great and such, but if I could only own either the 10 or the 20 it would definitely be the 20. just make sure you get the egg tray- the universal dividers are kind of a pain and don't turn the eggs as smoothly.

Back
Top Bottom