goose eggs

menmyboys

Chirping
5 Years
Mar 1, 2015
I am trying to hatch out my first goose eggs. They are 4 Chinese goose eggs. I have ten days left. I am soooo excited!!! I hope they turn out ok. The temp went to 104 a couple of times and dropped once to 89. I am so nervous. I feel like I am waiting on the birth of a new born baby.

How are the eggs? Have you candled them? I just set 6 eggs yesterday. The breed of goose is unknown since I bought the eggs at an auction. This is my first time incubating goose eggs. They are alot different from chicken eggs. Good luck with your chicks. Maybe post some pictures when they arrive.

They are doing good. I water candled them and they all moved. They go into lock down around 5 days I am so excited. The shells are a lot thicker so it is harder to see them when you candle them. I will keep you posted if you keep me posted on yours. Good luck and have fun.

Been reading alot about goose eggs and incubation. Have you been misting the eggs and letting them cool off every day? This is very different from chicken eggs. The eggs are so big they don't fit on my turner. I have a styrofoam LG so this is my first hatch that I have to turn by hand. I don't know if these eggs are fertile either. They were not washed so I bought them hoping they will develope. I should see some developement by the time your eggs hatch. I will let you know. How soon could you detect developement in your eggs?

I think it was around the fifth day when I first started seeing vein development. I think I have an internal pip in one of my eggs already. I am so excited . Let me know if you see development.

I'm going to candle them on Sunday. Maybe I will see something. How exciting for your internal pip. Can you hear and peeps or breathing? Did you candle and see the beak? I think I'm as nervous as you must be. My fingers are crossed for you! Now the long wait. I understand they can take a loong time to hatch.

I seen the beak on one and it looked like it had started pecking on the shell but it is not do to hatch for another 5 to 7 days.

Are the eggs on lock down yet? Maybe the temp spikes have affected the hatch and they will hatch early. I hope your hatch goes well. Tomorrow I will candle and look for development.

I a not sure what to do. Monday will make day 26. I am going to put them on lock down tomorrow or Monday. Let me know how your eggs are doing. Good Luck!!!!!!

How are the eggs? Today should be lock-down for your hatch. I just got done candleing and 4 of the 6 are showing development! Not so sure about the other 2. One has poor shell quality with alot of blotchy areas. There might be something happening there but its hard to see. I feel the other egg is not developing at all. But I did see a small spot in each of the other 4. I also noticed a few shells have what looks like grooves that twist on the surface of the shell. I have never seen that on chicken or turkey eggs. Did you see that with any of your eggs?

Back
Top Bottom