help with hatching guineas

razorbackturtle

Hatching
6 Years
Aug 25, 2013
Hi all

Ive been having a disastrous time hatching guinea eggs. This is the 3rd time im hatching eggs from the only pair we have and 3 times we were disappointed. The keets always end up not pipping or with splay legs (even after we lay down a sand paper), or with a twisted neck. We hatch them artifically with our turkey eggs and we have had very good results with the turkeys. 99.5 degrees and 60% humidity until the last 3 days which i increase to around 70%. At first i thought it may be the parents are still new but now i m suspecting poor genes. Both parents are strong n healthy. Appreciate any comments. .thanks.

Is the pair too closely related?
Your setting s seem fine- you might want to put rubber shelf liner instead of sandpaper- or cotton towling. I recommend you get some other eggs from an npip breeder and hatch them out, bringing new genetics to your flock. good luck! - I do sell eggs in season, in case you have interest.

Try it with less humidity next time. Guineas are ones that I dry hatch often with humidity levels at around 40% (depending on the weather) during incubation and 60% at hatching.
Aprille

Back
Top Bottom