Ideas for a larger gosling brooder

kaylabeans28

Chirping
Feb 25, 2015
Woodstock, IL
My goslings are getting so big that their little heads touch the tops of the storage bin brooders. So we came up with a new and better idea so everyone can be happy and also so they can all be together. Today we will add the boys in. We will reintroduce the girls to the boys in the bath tub so they can swim together, be dried together, towel snuggled together, and then run around the bathroom and follow me together! I hope all goes well! I will try to give an update including Larry and Beau. Bonnie and Lucy are my big babies, so hopefully they can share.

My goslings are getting so big that their little heads touch the tops of the storage bin brooders. So we came up with a new and better idea so everyone can be happy and also so they can all be together. Today we will add the boys in. We will reintroduce the girls to the boys in the bath tub so they can swim together, be dried together, towel snuggled together, and then run around the bathroom and follow me together! I hope all goes well! I will try to give an update including Larry and Beau. Bonnie and Lucy are my big babies, so hopefully they can share.

Very nice brooder hope the girls and boys like each other. I thought they had already met. They need a different kind of waterer though so they can dunk their heads any time they want to. it's very important for their health to be able to wash their eyes and nares out.

Very nice brooder hope the girls and boys like each other. I thought they had already met. They need a different kind of waterer though so they can dunk their heads any time they want to. it's very important for their health to be able to wash their eyes and nares out.
They're able to spalsh the water on their face. They swim almost everyday. The boys had to be separated because Bonnie the female saddleback wasn't being so nice.. Her and Lucy would grab onto his back and pull him.. He would run and scream... So They've been separated for a little over a week.. The reunion went terrible.. Bonnie tried biting them and Bonnie bit me very hard.. I guess they'll just have to keep trying. I would really like to be able to have the boys in there with them, but I'm not so sure it'll happen. The girls bite me and my phone A LOT. They kind of acknowledge me as mom, but not like the boys have. They know three voices, mine, my moms, and my boyfriends. They so far follow me and my mom. They went for a swim.. They didn't really like it.. They just sat there and looked at me wondering what they needed to do.. I would stand up and they would peep loudly and beg to get out.. The blow dryer also scared them.. But they loved the towel snuggling and the "let's follow mommy" game.. I really enjoy the males more than the females personally... They're sweeter for right now. I'm looking into this waterer I had just bought for the back of chicken coop for 2 chickens who I needed separated overnight for easy catching. Needless to say, It holds about a gallon.. I might use that instead of the two waterers.

Back
Top Bottom