anyone familiar with country hatchery

does country hatchery ship well? as in live

I can't say how good a job Country Hatchery does shipping keets but failure to receive live poultry usually has far more to do with how the USPS handles the package while it is in their possession than it has to do with the original shipper.

I have ordered guinea hatching eggs from Country Hatchery and there were very well packed and received in a timely manner. I did have a 50% hatch rate which to me is very acceptable on shipped eggs.

Based on my experience with their hatching eggs, I would expect the same professional packing and shipment of live poultry from Country Hatchery.

This is sort of late, but I have dealt with Country Hatchery in the past for chickens, and I have been very happy with them. I have never had chicks or eggs shipped because they are driving distance and sell through feed stores. I like their birds enough that I have driven to their location and found the feed stores selling their chickens. I've kept a variety of chickens and gotten birds from other sources, but I think the Country Hatchery birds I've had have been the best in terms of being healthy, friendly, and productive. I have not needed to buy chicks for a while because I've become the person that gets the chicks from my kids' school's egg hatching project. However, I highly recommend them. (I don't have any connection to Country Hatchery other than being an occasional but very happy customer.) I'm looking on this thread because I'm thinking about getting a flock of Guineas started to deal with ticks.

I just ordered 30 Cornish Rock Broiler chicks from Country Hatchery last week. 1 was dead at the post office, 10 more died within a few hours. I have 19 left, when I asked the hatchery what they would do about this, they said they did not guaranty anything outside the post office. When I explained that most hatcheries guaranteed their chicks, the guy on the phone got an attitude. So, here I am.

Hind site is 20/20, I should have refused the shipment at the Post Office. 1 dead chick from the get go is not a good sign.

I will be raising my own in the future. Claborn Farms in Waco Texas has Barred Rocks for sale that are a hearty Texas breed that get huge. They had a display at the Bell County Expo 2 weekends ago. Not cheap but "Cheap ain't good and Good ain't cheap"

http://www.clabornfarms.com/

Thomas Maddux
Lost Prairie Ranch

Back
Top Bottom