Hello from Virginia!

cluckcluck75

In the Brooder
Mar 26, 2015
Southwest Virginia
We live on a small homestead and will be getting our chickens in the next few weeks. We are building a permanent coop with a detachable run (day tractor) so our girls can scratch and peck all over the garden and yard. I look forward to learning more with everyone here!

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock? Congratulations on your impending chickens :celebrate You have come to the right place for all the fun and learning. Drop by the learnng centre for some great articles on getting started raising your chickens. Here is the link https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

What breed/s are you getting? Wishing you the very best of luck with this new chicken adventure, I'm sure you will enjoy it very much.

Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

Hello from a fellow Virginian
frow.gif
and Welcome to BYC!
woot.gif

Glad to have you join! Feel free to make yourself at home!

Hello, and welcome to BYC!
welcome-byc.gif
I'm glad you joined us.

Good luck with the coop construction! Do you have your chicks yet?

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided join to our flock. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Wow, thanks so much everyone! :) We do not have our girls yet. We plan on getting golden comets, buff orps, and/or easter eggers as pullets b/c we want eggs asap :D. Our kids want Silkies for pets, so we plan on hatching those or buying them as day olds at some point. I'll post pics of the coop construction as it progresses. So excited!! Thanks again for the warm welcome!

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

Those are some great breeds you have decided on! Good luck with your projects and future flock!

Back
Top Bottom