Hello From Missouri

nprats

Hatching
Mar 26, 2015
Well I started taking care of chickens last year. They free range and are super happy chickens. Unfortunately, today we lost our first chicken (her name was Bow) to some sort of predator. We don't know what took her!! I'm very sad to say the least! I needed some ideas for an affordable way to keep land predators at bay while still allowing my girls to scratch and be happy. I found a great suggestion in one of the threads. Love having chickens!

Thanks. I had 5 laying hens. Now I have 4. The one that was taken was a Rainbow Layer :-( I have 5 more chicks that i just bought this week. I have 3 RIR and a Buff Orpington left. Among the new chicks I have 2 Ameraucanas, 2 Barred Plymoth and 1 Buff Orpington. It is heart breaking. The photo on my Avatar was literally taken 30 minutes before I went back out again to close the coop. I'm looking into getting a light chicken tractor for them. I don't want to risk losing another one. But I want to make sure that they can still have access to fresh pasture.

Update: After a closer look under the daylight, the chicken that went missing was one of my RIR. Very sad day!

Last edited:
Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! So sorry to hear you have lost a hen, it's always sad when a member of the flock is lost :hugs
Wishing you the very best of luck in the future and hope you are able to keep the rest of your flock safe.

Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

Hello
frow.gif
and Welcome to BYC!
woot.gif

Glad to have you join! Feel free to make yourself at home!

Back
Top Bottom