Brinsea incubators

I have a octagon 20 advance with the turner. It performs and runs spot on with temp and RH. While they are pricey...you get what you pay for. Clean-up is easy after hatches which is another good point about them.

bigz

I have the Brinsea octagon 20 advance EX with humidity pump. They are a little pricey but so worth it. Great with temp and holding the humidity. With the pump it really is a set and forget incubator you only need to top the water tank up under the pump. I've had great hatches with mine and can't reccomend them enough.
Well worth the extra money.

I have the Brinsea octagon 20 advance EX with humidity pump. They are a little pricey but so worth it. Great with temp and holding the humidity. With the pump it really is a set and forget incubator you only need to top the water tank up under the pump. I've had great hatches with mine and can't reccomend them enough.
Well worth the extra money.

Thanks for all the replies, how much (if you don't mind sharing) did your set up cost and where did you purchase? How many chick eggs does it hold? Has anyone used it for hatching guineas? Also have you had any trouble with the egg turner, I have 2 of the genisis and use the auto egg turner, but i keep having the small motors go out and am paying 35.00 for the motor and postage. I thought perhaps the Brinsea turning mechanism would hold up better.

I own a Mini advance Brinsea incubator and it holds seven eggs. I don't think it cost $300, yet I'm not positive. It is super easy to use and there is even a video I found that tells you everything you need to know on the internet. This one comes with an automatic egg turner and I haven't had any problems with it so far. it is also really easy to clean, and I think you can hatch any kind of poultry with this incubator although I have only tried chickens.

Thanks for all the replies, how much (if you don't mind sharing)  did your set up cost and where did you purchase?  How many chick eggs does it hold?  Has anyone used it for hatching guineas?  Also have you had any trouble with the egg turner, I have 2 of the genisis and use the auto egg turner, but i keep having the small motors go out and am paying 35.00 for the motor and postage.  I thought perhaps the Brinsea turning mechanism would hold up better.

I'm over in the UK so these are GBP. It was about including the pump and postage £270 all together. You don't have to buy the pump you can get that seperate at a later date if you wish. I got it from the incubator shop online. Brinsea are world wide so the prices are near enough the same. They some time have deals on too.
It says 24 chicken eggs but you can get more in them. I mainly hatch polish which are a little smaller and so could easily get 30 plus in. Sorry but never done guineas.
Have had no trouble with the turning cradle at all. The whole incubator sits on the cradle and is turned.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom