Extra light for get egg quickly?? how much watt? plz hlp..

need i any extra lights if the sun rise around 6.30 am and sunset at 6.30??? how much watt i need to provide??

12 hours is pretty good. You could up it to 14 slowly over time. A 60 watt should do, but not over the nest boxes. Add the addtional lighting on the dawn side only. They need natural dusk to sleep properly and keep circadian clock balanced.Also, sudden dark will leave hens stressed and stuck wherever they are and not roosted properly. Why do you want to do this? Is it part of income or food on the table? You do realize your hens will become spent earlier with forced lighting?

I'm not very experienced but we had 3 girls last yr. I had them in a home made terrarium I got off craigslist. I had no real knowledge but I just used the old light bar from my 20g fishtank that I simply placed on top the metal grate. No idea the watts, its a full light spectrum bulb meant to help the aquatic plants grow. We had it on 14 hrs. a day. My 3 girls were laying 4 eggs a day.

Many people said that if u need egg put a light over them... So i want to know abt this...
My quails not for income or eat.. Its just my hobby and i want to see my own hens eggs thats it..
So. I dont need any light?? What do u say?? Without light there is no problem...

ours were just pets & teaching our son about eggs. If you want to eat the eggs some extra light (even a little desk lamp) can help. It takes a lot of eggs for an omelette so depends on how patient you are to eat an omelette :)

Many people said that if u need egg put a light over them... So i want to know abt this...
My quails not for income or eat.. Its just my hobby and i want to see my own hens eggs thats it..
So. I dont need any light?? What do u say?? Without light there is no problem...

Yes as said above, a light with a timer at about 14 hrs a day will help your hen lay faster..... But keeping her with two males will keep her stressed to the point she may not lay anyway.... They will harass her constantly. Why did you change your name from rijbe to React11 Was there a problem with the first account?

Last edited:
Yes.. I leave that coz i couldn't sign in... And couldn't recover the password.. And i also have to learn about quails so i make new one temporary if i can recover old one i will dismis this accnt...

Back
Top Bottom