Help with new Gosling please

savannahchickmom

Chirping
9 Years
Sep 10, 2010
Savannah, Missouri
2 Sebbie/Buff Saddleback cross eggs - 1 just hatched & 1 is working on it. The one that hatched has a crossed beak, and its eyes don't look right. It has NO coordination - keeps throwing its head back and falling flat on his back. I am REALLY hoping that as it dries, and gains a bit of strength, it will be better than it looks to be right now. Poor baby. I have B Complex pills that I plan to grind up and add to their drinking water, if it makes it that far, as Niacin deficiency is a common cause of many waterfowl problems. Does anyone have any other suggestions? I am just sick about this. The eggs belong to a friend of mine. She has been SO excited to get these babies.

2 Sebbie/Buff Saddleback cross eggs - 1 just hatched & 1 is working on it. The one that hatched has a crossed beak, and its eyes don't look right. It has NO coordination - keeps throwing its head back and falling flat on his back. I am REALLY hoping that as it dries, and gains a bit of strength, it will be better than it looks to be right now. Poor baby. I have B Complex pills that I plan to grind up and add to their drinking water, if it makes it that far, as Niacin deficiency is a common cause of many waterfowl problems. Does anyone have any other suggestions? I am just sick about this. The eggs belong to a friend of mine. She has been SO excited to get these babies.
How is the gosling doing tonight. Sorry no one has seen your post. Yes put some of the B complex into the drinking water it may help.

He got worse before he got better - poor baby! #2 hatched even worse that #1 did. I alternated dripping clean water through a syringe & a B Complex solution. With a lot of patience & babying, both are upright and doing MUCH better. #1's beak is twisted, so they are still facing some challenges, but they are so stinking cute!

Thank you for responding Miss Lydia! It is disheartening when you cannot seem to find help right when you need it - lol. We live in a time when we expect answers RIGHT NOW.

He got worse before he got better - poor baby! #2 hatched even worse that #1 did. I alternated dripping clean water through a syringe & a B Complex solution. With a lot of patience & babying, both are upright and doing MUCH better. #1's beak is twisted, so they are still facing some challenges, but they are so stinking cute!

Thank you for responding Miss Lydia! It is disheartening when you cannot seem to find help right when you need it - lol. We live in a time when we expect answers RIGHT NOW.

Oh my gosh how precious they look good so keep up with what your doing and hopefully they will turn out okay.The one who has twisted bill is it eating okay?

Back
Top Bottom