? Cams watching your livestock/farm - be able to watch from inside the house, or in town while shopp

kanakoschild

In the Brooder
5 Years
Feb 19, 2014
HI All,
Before I talk my hubby into coming to this event - I was wondering if anyone would be interested in seeing/getting info on surveillance cameras for your coop, yard, farm, etc. My husband does this for his business and you would be able to check your farm (barn, coop, driveway, front door, etc) right from inside your house (without Internet), and you would be able to do the same away from home if you have access to Internet.

So, when I am at Runnings in Rome (about a 40 minute drive) - I can check via my iphone that all my farm animals are safe. Or if I wake up one morning and see some chickens gone - I can check the camera view from earlier - to see what or who took the chickens. It's quite amazing to be able to check on your family and pets/animals any time during the day or night.

So, if there is an interest for this - I will talk my husband into coming with his stuff to show everyone how it works. If not, then I rather keep him home so the kids and I can enjoy our day with fun chicken people. :)

thanks,
The kids are counting down the days until this fun day.

Margaret.

Last edited:
If you are interested, can you just leave a reply. If there is no interest, i'll keep hubby home.

thanks.

I have been looking for a way to keep an eye on my horses. There were a couple horses stolen at night not too far away from me and it scares me to death. My problem with findind a cam is that the barn is about an 8th mile from the house, I have internet at the house but won't reach to the barn, no cell phone reception on the place.... All that being said, is there any hope for some kind of system? Your husband would probably know :)

Hey TJ,
I checked with my husband and he said no problem. They can do systems 2-3 miles apart line of sight. He can also give you internet in your barn too. If you want, he can come by and take a look and give you options? Where are you located?

Thanks,
Margaret.

Hey TJ,
I checked with my husband and he said no problem. They can do systems 2-3 miles apart line of sight. He can also give you internet in your barn too. If you want, he can come by and take a look and give you options? Where are you located?

Thanks,
Margaret.

Sorry I'm being so slow here. I'm in CA, so he probably doesn't want to come over :) He can if he wants...weather's nice. I'm wondering what I can do without putting internet in the barn....Does he have a website or anything I can read to help me learn about the possibilities?
Thanks for your time!

hey There,
Yes, I am sure California is nice, but I'm sure you don't want to pay him to travel. I know you can still do stuff without internet. He is working on a project now for a family who wants to be able to keep an eye on their cattle who doesn't have internet. It is possible. The website, doesn't go into detail on how it is done - he pretty much explains that in person.
If he happens to go out to Cali - i'll let you know. :)

Back
Top Bottom