CORID??? SULADIMETHOXINE????

ilovmychicks

Songster
9 Years
Mar 29, 2015
I just got back from Tractor Supply. I went to get Corid for my sick 3 week old chick but they didn't have any. The only thing they had to treat Cocci was SULFADIMETHOXINE Soluble Powder Antibacterial. Is this the same??? I am so worried about my chick she is just going off to the corner by herself and laying down. How do I administer this medicine??? Someone please help me!!!
Thank you,
Misty

I just got back from Tractor Supply. I went to get Corid for my sick 3 week old chick but they didn't have any. The only thing they had to treat Cocci was SULFADIMETHOXINE Soluble Powder Antibacterial. Is this the same??? I am so worried about my chick she is just going off to the corner by herself and laying down. How do I administer this medicine??? Someone please help me!!!
Thank you,
Misty
Corid isnt the same thing as sulfadimethoxine, but you have to use it and it may work. See the link below for the dosages. It must be given 4 days in a row and make it fresh each day. If she cant drink it on her own, use an eyedropper and put a drop or two on the side of her beak to drink frequently. You'll have to do this often throughout the day and into the evening for it to be effective until she can drink it on her own.
https://www.mcmurrayhatchery.com/sulfadimethox_albon_.html

Back
Top Bottom