First goose egg.

DUCKOBSESSED

Songster
6 Years
Jun 10, 2013
Northern Wisconsin
On Saturday I bought a pair of Sebastipol geese.they are 2.I had a Gander once and loved him. Well today when I checked on them there was an egg. I think it is theirs. (They are in quarantine with two female muscovies but the egg is big.) Now for the question. Do i just leave it with them? Will She go broody if i leave it?

Geese cover up the eggs in the nest to protect them from predators like crows. She'll go broody when she decides she has enough eggs to sit on, usually 10-15 eggs. Until she goes broody she'll not spend much time on the nest besides laying.

How will they do with moving the nest? They are in quarantine now and I want to know I should leave them in there the whole time or move them out after their time is up. Thanks!

How will they do with moving the nest? They are in quarantine now and I want to know I should leave them in there the whole time or move them out after their time is up. Thanks!
Why would you put them in quarantine? Are they sick? If it's because you want the goose to go broody, it's the wrong way to do that. Just let them roam and graze as usual; they'll figure it out all by themselves.

They don't actually move the nest; they just find another place to lay eggs. Which is a sound thing to do if all eggs keep "disappearing".

Back
Top Bottom