How Do I Get Peacocks To Stop Flying The Fence And Coming Up to Our House

BODEENY

Chirping
Mar 28, 2015
Hi, I have a couple peacocks and they keep coming up and pooping on our deck so I was wondering if there was something that scared peacocks enough that they would stop bothering us.

Water hose, a little house dog are things i know work, do you know who they belong to? i free range all my birds but if they ever got off my place and caused someone problems i would lock them up forever , i don't want my birds causing problems and i do not want any ones birds causing me problems.

Try putting a mirror (plexi glass if possible) in their pen. A lot of times they like seeing their reflections in your patio doors. I found a glass store that makes plexi glass mirrors, and they gave me some defective panels for discount, even drilled holes in the corners so I could wire them to my fence. My birds love them- never leave home.

When I put a mirror in they attacked there own reflections and had wounded himself there was even blood on the mirror. Any other ideas

I was under the impression that these were someone elses peafowl when i read they wanted them to (stop bothering us) most folks like peskey peas LOL

Hello there, and welcome to Pea-Land!
If you own peas and you don't want them "bothering" you, you probably need to pen them (or find them a new home).
"Scaring them enough" to stop bothering you is both unfriendly to the peacocks (IMO), and would likely persuade them to find themselves a new home.
big_smile.png

Peafowl really like to hang out on decks or porches. It is a peafowl thing. You could screen in your deck and then you won't have peafowl issues and you can sit out on the deck without worrying about mosquitoes or you can pen the birds if they really annoy you.

Ya know i got to thinking when we had our new barn built the peas would try to go in there and my husband taught them to stay our by using the same word GO and pushing them out with the broom, it is only last years hatch he had problems with but he did a good job at teaching them considering he never messes with them. they sure like to mess with him and follow him around ever sense he would give them the worms out of the wood he was splitting,

Back
Top Bottom