what gender is my gosling?

TSW99

Chirping
5 Years
Sep 7, 2014
Tallahassee Fl
This is my embden gosling I ordered from metzer farms. This one was not sexed but I'm curious to know the gender.
I have read that the females are a darker grey than the males but just ordered one embden so I have no other birds of it's breed to compare to.
I know color sexing isn't the most accurate but I'd just like a consensus
Thanks!

Last edited:
I'd say a male based on color and my experience with MF. Their straight runs are almost always males especially on single orders.

Any other opinions?
pic of male Embden gosling from Metzers web site
EmbdenBaby.jpg
yours looks darker.

goslings.jpg
Females and males I'd say if we go by this pic you have a male. I have an Embden gander and he is 8yrs old wish I had some pics of him on the computer when he was a babe but I didn't have a computer back then. Do you plan on keeping him?

Last edited:
I guess I have to wait and see like you stated the first picture makes mine look female and the second picture Makes mine look male . I do plan on keeping him but will ganders over mate a goose like chickens do?

I guess I have to wait and see like you stated the first picture makes mine look female and the second picture Makes mine look male . I do plan on keeping him but will ganders over mate a goose like chickens do?
Nope. and not like ducks do either. so your 2 Chinese are females? If so couldn't ask for a better trio.

Back
Top Bottom