Where can I buy/order beautiful fancy breed chicks?

MelissasYard

In the Brooder
7 Years
May 17, 2012
I'm looking for really beautiful fancy breed chicks with good genetics. Something really pretty to look at in my back yard. Bearded silkies, frizzles silkies, sizzles, smooth Sizzles, polish, etc.. I'm getting really frustrated searching! Please help!

where do you live? i have polish but they are not my favorite...i have silkies...LOVE them but i have to say the appenzeller spitzhauben are THE cutest, most curious showy birds EVER...LOVE them. they lay medium white eggs. also the dutch BRABANTERs...cream is my personal favorite...they are just a fun fun breed. GREAT layers of xlg white eggs and good layers...always following you, looking over you shoulder to be part of whatever you are doing...funny quirky birds. they both have FB pages. finally a local feedstore here in NO. CA. is getting them in. wish i had more room to get a few. I would suggest looking for your breed of choice from local breeders. the quality is well worth any price you might pay. i have gotten some that are not the best and last time even one that was not even a pure spitz. AND a rooster to boot! is there a local chicken chat group in your area? i have given up on getting any more from hatcheries. will only deal with breeders now. like i said WELL worth it. hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom