What to feed baby geese and ducks?? Set the record straight...

Arizona Madi

Hatching
6 Years
Oct 14, 2013
I have two goslings and two ducklings that I am raising together. I was told to feed them Mana Pro Organic Chick Started Crumbles, which I am feeding to them. I have also read contradictory opinions about letting them eat grains and supplementing greens into their diet. Some people say chick crumbles have too much protein and could cause angel wings, some say it doesn't matter. I'm so confused and want to do the right thing for these little guys, help! They are both about 2 weeks old, I'm guessing. Thank you.

Adorable babies!

I personally feed Flock Raiser with the addition of Niacin supplements and fresh greens.

Thank you for your reply!!! Any recommendations for fresh greens? And thanks for your patience, lol. I'm clearly a newbie!

I have two goslings and two ducklings that I am raising together. I was told to feed them Mana Pro Organic Chick Started Crumbles, which I am feeding to them. I have also read contradictory opinions about letting them eat grains and supplementing greens into their diet. Some people say chick crumbles have too much protein and could cause angel wings, some say it doesn't matter. I'm so confused and want to do the right thing for these little guys, help! They are both about 2 weeks old, I'm guessing. Thank you.
Feed them nonmeticated chick start it's great for them! :)

My goose eats Mazuri waterfowl starter pellets, grass and a little bit of grit. I float the feed in water (she won't eat it dry) and sprinkle a dash of nutritional yeast on top. Mazuri has the right amount of niacin, but a little extra boost with the yeast doesn't hurt. Husband bought 4 4x2 pieces of sod. He cut those in half. We rotate the pieces daily, so she always has grass to graze on. She has her little system down: lots of grass, then pellets, occasional peck at grit, all washed down with lots of fresh water. She's 16 days old today and is plump, healthy and full of energy. Her wing growth is normal so far, no sign of angel wing. Love this little girl!

Any low protien food for your geese. And I feel you can never have too many greens (of any kind).
For the ducks you can give them just mazuri the waterfowl starter only with no greens if you like. They are pretty forgiving on varied bagged feed. But this is the best. Good luck

Back
Top Bottom