Hello from Eastern Washington

IAMADOL

In the Brooder
Apr 2, 2015
Hello My name is Dolly and I live in a small suburb of Spokane, Washington. I have a habit of being a bit out there as a homeschooler and homebirther! Our family had chickens when I was a girl and after doing a bunch of research I thought I'd like to be a backyarder. So I did things backwards and got my chicks. This coming Friday/Saturday the coop will be built. I'm so excited. My claim to fame is that My mother wrote a back to the land movement called The Encyclopedia of Country Living (Carla Emery). I'm excited to be part of the group and learn from the wise ones among you!

welcome-byc.gif
so glad you joined our flock! Plaese feel free to ask any questions

Hi and welcome to our community!
welcome-byc.gif

I'm glad you could join the BYC flock! Congratulations on the beginning of your chicken adventures. I hope the coop construction goes well! Building the coop can be the hardest (and most expensive!) part of raising chickens. What breeds of chicks did you get?

Welcome to our flock and I hope you enjoy BYC as much as we have! Please feel free to ask any questions you may have.
smile.png

Oh I had such fun picking out the breeds. I finely ended up with 2 Wyandottes (1 gold laced and I believe the younger one will be Silver Yahoo), 2 Australorps, 2 Buff Orpingtons, 2 Barred Rocks, 2 Rhode Island Reds and 1 each Golden Sexlink and Americana :)

Welcome to BYC, Dolly! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

I love the wyandotte in your avatar! So pretty!
My family homeschools and my cousin has had three home births! So we are "out there" too!
highfive.gif

Good luck with the coop building! Be sure to keep us posted on your progress!

Back
Top Bottom