introducing females

robino

Hatching
Apr 15, 2015
Hello. We have to male geese which have been together for 1.5 years and are trying to mate each other. We had the opportunity to get 2 females which we have introduced. We know it couldn't be a worse time but thought we would give it a go. The males are carming down now and when the are all on the water together are very relaxed together. But the males are still trying to mate each other. If the males have pared up together is there any way of braking that to repaire with the females.

Hello. We have to male geese which have been together for 1.5 years and are trying to mate each other. We had the opportunity to get 2 females which we have introduced. We know it couldn't be a worse time but thought we would give it a go. The males are carming down now and when the are all on the water together are very relaxed together. But the males are still trying to mate each other. If the males have pared up together is there any way of braking that to repaire with the females.

You'd have to separate the males into different yards with their respective mates I guess, for a while, until they've bonded. But then re-mingling them could lead to violence.

Is there any sign they have a preference out of the females?

Do they try to mate with the females at all?

Best wishes.

The one male seems to be friendly to the females on the water. I haven't been able to distinguish which one as I have all ways been at a distance when this has happened. I think you may be right about separating them as when the males are together they like to show off to each other.

Good luck with that. There's a chance you could end up with one male bonding with both females so if that happens you may need to get another female. But hopefully it will go smoothly, it almost always helps to have raised the males together.

Best wishes.

Back
Top Bottom