Chirping coming from eggs!!!

Jessica89

Chirping
5 Years
Oct 9, 2014
North Wales
Hello everyone!
I can hear chirping coming from the eggs but no pips yet!
Do I need to do anything? I am so excited!!!

Will post photos when they hatch <3

-Jessica

I think Blackberry18 is thinking of chicken eggs, not duck eggs. ;)

You can hear them peeping when they internally pip and are in the air cell around Day 26-27, which is typically about 24 hours before they externally pip. So yours seem right on target time-wise! :D

So glad to hear your eggies are still ok! ^-^

I am very lucky they are still alive. Miracle duckies.

They have stopped peeping now.. They must be having a rest?
I can't wait to see them out of their shells. It must be exhausting for them. :(

x

Yep, they rest alot between steps, it does take alot out of them. Can't wait to see pics of them when they get out! ^-^

I havn't heard anything from them since this morning and it is now 8pm! I hope they are okay.

It is only Day 26 so hopefully either tomorrow or Sunday they will be here?

-Jessica

Yes, it's still early in the hatching process for them so they are most likely resting. Have you tried peeping to them from outside the incubator to see if you see any egg rocking or hear more peeps in response? You don't want to bug them too much, but it is good to keep them motivated so they want to come out. Keep us updated, ok?

I have been talking, whistling and lightly tapping on the incubator but there is no response now but they did respond last night.

Hopefully they will have a good rest up tonight and will be more active in the morning. Fingers crossed!

Thanks for the advice. Will keep you updated!

-Jessica

Back
Top Bottom