waiting to see what I get

unlucky picker

In the Brooder
5 Years
May 22, 2014
Didn't get my ducks seperated before they started laying. So now I have a campbell sitting on a mix. Everyone seperated now. But the eggs I have now are a possible mix of campbell, buff, and runner. My husband had wanted me get rid of the eggs but just couldn't. So excited to see what I get. Campbell been full time setting since April 9th. Just a hobby so mix is fine with me.

Last edited:
That's exciting!
ya.gif
Either way, I bet they'll all be precious! Enjoy!

Found a broken egg far from nest this morning. Guess she knew it was no good. Still waiting on "babies" She's still sitting. Still almost covered in straw.

Is it possible something stole the egg? Were the contents missing? I don't think a broody would dump a bad egg very far - she would just want it out of the nest.

No way anything stole it. She has her nest in a doghouse inside of a chain link kennel inside of a chain link fence. Also around the bottom of the kennel is a cloth like plastic about 2 feet tall so ducklings can't come through the kennel. I think maybe it rolled or my drake moved it farther away from the nest. She has water and feed right beside the door of the doghouse so she never goes far from the nest. It was broken and no sign that it had the beginning of a duck.

Back
Top Bottom