Two questions on this chick

dridge11

Songster
7 Years
Apr 5, 2015
we have three chicks, this one has my wife worried. Purchased from the local feed store as an Ameracuana, but my wife and I think it might be an Easter Egger. Also, any signs of male or female yet? This one is our biggest almost 3 weeks in, does make a different noise than the others every so often, and has big feet. She (hopefully) is pretty tame and loves to perch on your arm.

I'm thinking it's a female. Males more often are a bit slower with tail feathers. Any chick that comes from a feed store that's labeled "Ameraucana" is an EE. You'll not fine Ameraucanas unless you buy them from a breeder, and unless the supplier tells you that they have a very specific color of Ameraucana. A dead give away that you're getting an EE is the frequent statement, "These Ameraucanas come in many very different colors and patterns." Now, that I've said all that, I want to tell you that I LOVE EE!!!! IMO, they are better layers!

That was our bit of hope was that if she was an EE (which is a-ok with us) was we read that the females tend to feather pretty quick. Fingers crossed!

Definitely a female so far. Also, you can't get purebred Ameraucanas from feed stores. Only breeders. She's an EE, and a beautiful one, too!

Enjoy her. She's pretty!

Back
Top Bottom