3 day old baby blue runner fell :(

mnqueenak

Hatching
Apr 18, 2015
Grand Rapids MN
Help need advice I have a 2 blue runners 3 days old one fell and the right leg seems to be hurt as he's not using it I did see online to put them in a warm bath he still didn't really use it. I was holding him and he jumped out of my hands and fell on the floor he's still eating and drinking and we did place hum in a smaller space away from his buddy which they don't like but he needs to rest it. Any other tips or advice?? I still feel really bad :(

The ducklings need to at least be where they can see each other. And it may be okay to have them together - just watch and see.

A vet is best for serious injury. Good the little is eating and drinking. You may need to set up a sling to keep weight off of the leg. This would also require making sure the duckling can get to water and food. Time floating in the warm water ought to help.

I would put vitamins in their drinking water twice this week, then once every two weeks for a month or so. The vitamins will probably help support the healing process.

If you very gently feel the leg and compare it to the other, do you find a break or a swollen area?

Back
Top Bottom