Incubator heating

FarmalI

Chirping
6 Years
Dec 14, 2013
My incubator is about a degree or two cooler on one side than the other. Any one got any tips?

it is a styrofoam hova-bator, what o you mean by what type of heating element, and there are little holes around the fan, and a bigger hole at the front and back.

Thank you for letting us know type of bator, if temp variance does not exceed 98 to 101 thru out bator, you should be good. I do have a question, is the temp difference at side to side or front to back? Where according to front openings & fan?

I have a home made bator. The air is drawn in through the back right by the fan, then blows across the light bulbs, with the thermostat placed between them. It then travels across the remainder of the back, and circulates counterclockwise to enter the left side of the egg chamber, travels to the right side of the egg chamber. So, the left front of the egg chamber is much warmer than the back right of the egg chamber. I put a curved baffle up high at the back left, as well as a tin foil guard in front of the eggs on the left side. That does a lot to equalize the temp, and brings more heat to the cooler right side. Perhaps you can play around with some tin foil to help re-direct air flow and even out the temps.

Is it possible for you to make a deflector to send heat more to side needed? As a piece of AL2.

It shouldn't take height, just a small deflector to move a little more heat to area that shows lower temp.
Good luck

Back
Top Bottom