turner not working

Lazys

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 26, 2014
I have had two dismal hatches out of a brand new Chinese incubator. first time 8 out of 48 and this time 6 out of 48. I just thought today to check the turner... could they possibly live without being turned? and then not be able to hatch? 90% of the eggs had full term chicks in them. Could any hatch without being turned? I am so discouraged... I have fought the humidity problems, heat issues.... and now I find that the turner may never have worked.

I once had 2 out of 40 hatch without turning. They really have to be turned to have any chance of survival.
You definitely need to have a guaranteed accurate thermometer (or better yet, 2).

It just dawned on me today to check the turner, I set my timer so I would watch when it was time and it never moved at all. will they develop in the shell if they arent' turned? I am trying to figure out if that was the problem. I have 3 hygrometers independent of the one on the incubator. they all are within 1/2 degree of each other.
I also was afraid that they were drowning when they hatch... I am so discouraged...

Back
Top Bottom