Goose egg rails?

I need to find out what type of goose egg rails will fit the farm innovators model 4200 incubator. If anyone knows, please tell me.

There the things in an automatic egg turner that turns the eggs for me, i would turn them manually but i never have time because i have school and i tend to forget

I would recommend you turn them manually. Last spring, I tried the goose egg rails for the automatic turner which came with my Genesis 1588. I paid good money for them, followed the instructions to the letter (only three rails, no more than three eggs per rail, etc.), and they broke - big time. I was able to put three regular rails back in the turner, but it can't handle any more weight than that now. Maybe the rails would work better for goose breeds with smaller eggs or with a different turner.

I had my doubts, but started turning the eggs manually. Due to my schedule, I turned at 6am, 5pm, and 11pm. There were days when I didn't always make it on time, but I did as best as I could with the turning. I thought I wouldn't hatch any goslings because of the manual turning. I got 3 of 4 American Buff and 5 of 8 Pilgrim. All of the eggs had been shipped! I lost two of my pilgrim geese to predators this past fall, but the others are happily sitting on nests right now.

There is a goose hatching guide on this site which I used as my instruction manual. Here is the link:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/491013/goose-incubation-hatching-guide-completed

Last edited:
ducky13 I have an little giant an I was able to use the turner that came with it I have American buffs size eggs but the other incubator Hova bator came with goose rails the egg is kind of tight in there I don't think I like it. but like you I have to work and 8 hour day. I wish you luck.

Did you get the goose rails with the Little Giant automatic turner? or did you order them separately? I would love to be able to use one because my schedule is so erratic.

I have a model 4200 farm innovators pro series circulated air incubator, I don't have goose rails right now, I just want to know which type of rails would fit no problem. So I would have to order it separately

ducky13 I have an little giant an I was able to use the turner that came with it I have American buffs size eggs but the other incubator Hova bator came with goose rails the egg is kind of tight in there I don't think I like it. but like you I have to work and 8 hour day. I wish you luck.
Did the rails come with your turner or did you have to order them separately?

Back
Top Bottom