weak & wobbly runt duckling

CyndiD

Songster
Feb 28, 2015
Northern Idaho
Hi, all Runner lovers, i got my runners from the breeder, they arrived Wed, one DOA, out of 10. I am concerned w/one little (t/smallest) female chocolate runner. I named her hopper, because she hops. Her balance is not good & she looks like she is breathing heavy. Im going to attach a video (hopefully) can anyone see what is wrong?
I have given them sugar water the first day, then switched to water w/electrolyte powder & i put in a tsp of molasses. They are eating Flock Raiser, i gave it dry and i made a seperate bowl of mash using t/flock raiser & the electrolyte water, oh & i put some brewers yeast in t/dry & wet. Maybe im doing too much?
@amiga can u look @ my pics Thanks
My video will not load, boo hoo. I will attacha pics, hope they help?

She seems to be getting more wobbly. She is eating & drinking, but just getting bumped alot. I was thinking of seperating her to a seperate box w/in the brooder with t/rest.
She may just need more developing time since she is the smallest of the bunch?
What do u think? Please reply!

You should defentle separat her from the rest in a nice quit place where she is nice and warm make shure the area has lots of food and water and make shure it is clean and maybe to make her feel better warm up a towl in a dryer so it is like a little nest and let nature take its cource

Have you given her Niacin supplements as well? I would personally separate her for a few days to see if she can perk up some.

@kevin454 & @ paws4440 thanks for ur replys, yes i am giving all duckli gs brewers yeast in their water. I did seperate her (chocolate runner) & put another duckling w/her (a small one like her-a buff duckling). They have been seperated for 1.5 days, she is doing so much better, stronger & not as wobbly. They have a washcloth on top of their straw that they like sitting/laying on & a mirror they sit right next to, sooo cute. I will give her 1 or 2 more days & then put them both back w/t rest (7) of their flock. They all (9) got a 5 min tub bath today. Dried them off & all r quiet & resting. Boy do they drink a Ton of water & they eat well too.
Thanks all

Back
Top Bottom