Little giant # 9300 still air incubator and computer fan home made installation question?

Galdo

Hatching
Apr 27, 2015
Hi
frow.gif
i'm new here in BYC it's a pleasure to me
wee.gif
, and i so glad to find you people. I had a bantams chickens and i want to use an incubator, the LG #9300 and the still air model but, the reviews of this incubator are awful
sad.png
i waste my money i said very sad they said is the worst LG model don,t ever use it with out a fan and an accurate thermometer, well so i buy an Accurite thermometer with hygrometer and installed an a home made computer fan with a cellular cable charge. My question is if i installed in the right place of the incubator? I been thanks full for your help and tips.

Last edited:
My concern is that it sticks WAY down into the incubator, much farther than the factory fans. While that's not necessarily a bad thing, you will want to make a cage for the fan that goes all the way to the wire floor of the incubator to keep chicks from getting into the fan.

And
welcome-byc.gif

Last edited:
Hi..!
lol.png
WalnutHill that's a good tips, i will do the cage, i don't want to hurt my chicks
jumpy.gif
thanks again for your help.

Galdo, how did you attach the fan to the heater. It looks like you have a space between the fan and the heater. I'm trying to do the same setup as you. Did it help your hatch rates?

Hi, luvinpeck i attach the fan with a 4-inch screw. Only a 1/4 inch of the screw for extra space between the heater and the fan, and yes all the eggs hatched taking care of corect moisture.

Walnuthills is absolutely right! I didn't put a screen/cage around my fan and noticed it wasn't running.....had to amputate newly hatched Amherst pheasant chicks leg. Double ouch! But it did survive both traumas.

I have 2 little giants still air,about 70 out of 80 quail eggs have hatched 7 today.The led is defintly wrong.use a incubator theromenter with plastic on bottom to help hold it on top of eggs,i have one on 106 and still only 98 on theromenterevery time you open it you will have to change the temp,usually.after it gets warm the theromenter doesnt move 100,on one and 99.6 on other.I stuck it in a cold back room after cat tried to get in for chicks.It taking a lot longer to warm up. When you set it keep a check on temp,sometimes for a couple hours.when it is steady I can go to bed,a couple times I didn't watch,set it and came in and temp was 104.I like mine so much I bought 2.Ist hatch 26 out of 28 white quail.I hope it works well for you.The man at miller said I didn't need a fan since all mine were hatching.I want a gennis 1588 next year

Back
Top Bottom