Zodiac Hatch-A-Long - Waxing Moon in Fruitful Signs HAL

ChickenCanoe

Enabler
Premium Feather Member
13 Years
Nov 23, 2010
St. Louis, MO
SET DAYS FOR CHICKEN EGGS IS APRIL 29 AND 30.
MAY 9, 10, 11
MAY 26. 27. 28
JUNE 5, 6, 7
Crossed out dates have passed.

For other birds, please adjust set dates accordingly.

I stumbled on this old thread about hatching by the moon phases and sign.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/536525/hatching-eggs-by-the-moon-thread

So for the rest of the summer I'm setting eggs so they'll hatch under a waxing moon in one of the fruitful signs of Cancer, Pisces or Scorpio.

The following times are for chicken eggs IF your temperatures are correct and they hatch in precisely 21 days. If there may be a variance in hatch times, I suggest setting in the middle of that time span.

The next setting will be from 10:33 AM on May 9 to 7:39 PM May 11 to hatch May 30-June 1 with the moon in Scorpio.
Afternoon setting on May 10 would probably be the sweet spot.

The third will be from midnight on May 26 to 7:22 AM May 29 to hatch June 17, 18 with the moon in Cancer.
The fourth will be June 5, 6, 7 to hatch June 26, 27, 28 with the moon in Scorpio.

I'm setting about 50 Black Penedesenca eggs and perhaps some olive eggers out of my lonely Ameraucana.

Last edited:
That will probably work because it may be a 3 day set period since I'm not an astrology expert.

ETA

I just learned a little more. The moon moves through 13 degrees of a zodiac sign each day. Each sign is 30 degrees so the hatching time should be just over 2 days.

When I get the actual times I'll update the first post.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom