Any ideas???

andi13

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jul 20, 2014
San Jose, CA
I have been having a problem with only one of my girls losing feathers. She is only losing them on her neck, about a 1 inch square on both sides. At first I thought it might be mites so I dusted both of my chickens with DE and did a thorough cleaning of EVERYTHING! I have checked under her wings and around her vent many times and I don't seem to be seeing signs of mites, but she is continuing to lose her feathers! I have two chickens and she is the only one losing them, she seems to be happy and healthy other than the feather loss. I have also been watching to see if the other chicken is picking on her but I haven't seen any kind of aggression between them. She is about 8 months old and laying everyday. Does anyone have an idea as to what's going on? And help would be greatly appreciated!!!! I'll post a picture of my poor Vera girl below!

Those sports are when my hens peck at eachother during a pecking order dispute. i wouldnt really worry unless you see a rash or scabs.

Thank you! Do you have any ideas as to how to get the other hen to stop pecking? We only have the two hens and the only time I would think she would be pecking is at night when they are closed up in their coop. We close the pop door at about 9 and open it in the morning around 6 or 7

hmmmm with my flock i seperated the hen that was causing the problems for a few days, but since you only have two wouldn't recommend that. maybe just watch them for a while at night them may have settleed their spat and everythign is clam

Back
Top Bottom