Blue, Charcoal, Platinum, Silver Coturnix!

AKChickenchick

Hatching
5 Years
Aug 15, 2014
Wasilla, Ak
I found some threads on here several years old with BYC members trying to raise these more rare color varieties in the US...has there been progress? I live in Alaska and would LOVE to buy some eggs!

Yep! James Marie farm just started selling them this year! I am not sure if they will ship to Alaska and they're expensive. They're in the buy,sale,trade section.

I have just ordered the Silver Collection from James and Marie. I am very excited to get them and will update thread with photos when I hatch them if anyone is interested.

Congrats on the Silvers!
I'm working with a mutation that's yet to be identified...most likely silvers of some sort. The only birds I've seen with similar coloration have been from Germany or Australia. My hens just started laying, so hopefully I'll be setting eggs in the incubator next week!

Once your and my birds get into full swing with egg production I'd love to trade some eggs. Maybe some of your new mutation for silvers? Let me know if it's something you'd be interested in.

If you have any input or ideas as to what mutation they may be, please Let me know as I've yet to get any solid answers. I've emailed quite a few Coturnix breeders and the people who've replied either don't know, or think they're a form of silver. They cannot be sexed visually, and eye color has been changed by the mutation.

Anyone want a free silver tuxido male? Hey is very big a beautiful but unfortunately due to being raised alone heys a bit jumpy and odd. The only catch is that he can't be culled.

Back
Top Bottom