sick baby turkeys

babybluegurl22

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jun 16, 2014
Kentucky
so i got 3 baby turkeys they are probably right around a month old. and the past few days i noticed 1 with a foamy eye thought it might got something in it but not all three have foamy looking eyes and they are sneezing and has a lot of water looking stuff coming out the nose. they was in with my baby ducks but today i decided i would separate them just in-case the was the cause of it. anyone know what this is and will they survive it and what i can do its the weekend so i cant get any medication from a vet.

I think its a sickness or its alirges its the best to sepertate them and look for clues GOOD LUCK you need it
1f600.png
plz oh plz survie turkeys plz dont kill them at thaanksgiveing
1f613.png

Last edited:
not sure if you have any. I will put oxytetracycline powder in their water when they have this. Alot of times that will be enough to help. I will boil eggs and mash them with potatoe masher and put some of the oxytetracycline powder on the eggs and mash them up shells and all and add some minute oatmeal raw to them and crush that up and feed them for supplement. When they don't feel good they don't eat well. I usually get that at the tractor supply, Atwoods, or at vet supply store.

well i have the save a chick electrolytes and probiotic that im fixing now i dont have the other thing the nearest tsc is 30miles or so away i was there earlier today didnt know what to do. it seems like a sinus infection im really hoping they recover they are so adorable and i dont want them to die. and im not a person to kill an animal it just saddens me

Sorry I never use that with any of my turkeys. I am sure someone else on here can come up with a dosage for you. I use tylan 50 for turkeys also with respiratory infections.

Back
Top Bottom