Mystery Chicks in my Polish Batch

BarronMom

Hatching
6 Years
Nov 26, 2013
Southern CA
So DH brought home 6 "polish" chickens from our local feed store. They all looked identical as young chicks (except the yellow obviously) but two have grown into something different each....

I think this is a buff laced polish

These are our other polish (I think). But their color has me stumped. 3 are identical. White on the chest and some random white on wing feathers.

I think this is a blue andalusian?? I know the feed store had those at the time as well. It has a darker lacing on the feathers... But the picture doesn't really do that justice.

This little guy is my mystery! I am stumped... Especially with the comb. It's already looking bigger than the picture. Should mention it is smaller than the other chicks (as is the blue).

Please help :)

So DH brought home 6 "polish" chickens from our local feed store. They all looked identical as young chicks (except the yellow obviously) but two have grown into something different each....

I think this is a buff laced polish
Buff Laced Polish.

These are our other polish (I think). But their color has me stumped. 3 are identical. White on the chest and some random white on wing feathers.
Black Polish, probably. It is not unusual for young black birds to have some white on them.

I think this is a blue andalusian?? I know the feed store had those at the time as well. It has a darker lacing on the feathers... But the picture doesn't really do that justice.
Likely a Blue Andalusian.

This little guy is my mystery! I am stumped... Especially with the comb. It's already looking bigger than the picture. Should mention it is smaller than the other chicks (as is the blue).
Black/blue Rosecomb bantam. Probably a cockerel.

Please help
smile.png

I was looking into the rosecomb bantams too.... But I was stumped by the white on their face. Guess just wait and see if that shows up?

Back
Top Bottom