Humidity problems

persimmonhill

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jan 23, 2015
Nokesville, Virginia
I have a little giant styrofoam incubator and have put water in the channels for lockdown just this morning. My humidity has not risen at all. I don't understand how I could have added water and still the humidity does not change. I even added a wet cloth diaper insert and I got nothing. Has anyone using a styrofoam thing like this ever had such issues? For the life of me I can't get it above 50%. And it keeps fluctuating up and down. Could something be wrong with it? I only have three keets in there but I know they're alive and id hate for this to keep them from hatching after all this time. I'm so scared imagining them trying to come out but they can't
1f62d.png
1f62d.png
1f62d.png

Last edited:
I add two warm water soaked sponges to mine. Seems to push it up to 70 if not higher almost instantly. We still use the Styrofoam incubator but I built a foam box around the Styrofoam incubator that works great now! I don't have heat or humidity issues anymore

Last edited:
I have added multiple sponges and washcloths to no avail. I think I will try boxing it in with whatever I have now and maybe I'll be able to get my hands on some styrofoam tomorrow. air cells are very slanty so any day now

Little giant humidity guages are not very accurate.are you getting condensation on the glass?If so humidity is above 50%

Back
Top Bottom